Friday 27 February 2015

Beauty Review featuring Ted Baker

Ted Baker




















I had this black Ted Baker nail polish in a set of five and I genuinely thought that because it was Ted Baker (and I paid a lot compared to other nail polish) that it would be amazing. And it was - at first. Application was brilliant, it went on really smooth and it wasn't gloopy or a mess. It also checked the one of the main boxes that I have for nail varnish - that with one coat, there's a solid colour. On the top four photos, you can see that it was a nice solid colour, and that was after only one coat. The next four photos show my nails three hours later. The polish was coming off so easily just by doing daily things: cleaning my bedroom, doing the dishes and putting clothes on. Nail varnish should not come off after three hours. Next time, I will have to put a few more coats on and hope that it lasts longer!

Ted Baker Nail Polish Set and Tin
Ebay (Prices can range, just type in "Ted Baker Nail Polish Set and Tin" into the search bar)







Barry M







































After applying the first coat, the colour was very silvery and transparent so it was obvious that it was going to need a few coats. Application was very easy and went on nice and smoothly, it wasn't gloopy but the smell of nail polish was very strong! After sneezing a few times, I applied a couple more coats and got the results shown in the above photos. The only problem that I have with this nail varnish is that it takes ages to dry. It took half an hour to dry fully and in that time I was getting ready for work - and trying very hard not to smudge my nails. Unfortunately, I failed in that department. There were tiny smudges and dents in my nails from getting ready so after work, I redid them (and had to wait another half an hour for them dry.) I didn't do anything the latter time, I just sat and waited for them to dry. Apart from the long drying time, I can't fault it. However, if you're looking for a dark purple, don't be fooled by the bottle. In the last photo, I used the flash on my camera. The other photos are without the flash. It looks like a purpley-grey in some lights and then dark glittery purple in others. But it IS a very nice colour.

Barry M - £2.99


MORE TO COME SOON!

Kirsty 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment